Senior Sales Assistant
WAVE 3 NEWS/GRAY TELEVISION
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WAVE was the first television station to sign on in the state of Kentucky. WAVE 3 NEWS the NBC Affiliate in Louisville, KY. WAVE is seeking a Senior Sales Assistant.
The Sr. Sales Assistant position is a key role in the WAVE 3 News Sales Department and is responsible for making sure our sellers have every advantage they need to generate revenue. The Sr. Sales Assistant will work directly with Account Executives to provide a multi-faceted, high-level of support that includes interacting with our Broadcast and Digital platforms, Media Analytics department, Production/Marketing department and Traffic department. The Sr. Sales Assistant will be highly involved in the creation of client presentations and may also be able to attend outside sales calls. This position will also be well versed in all WAVE 3 News research tools. The Sr. Sales Assistant will be heavily involved in helping with logistics during events and initiatives such as Derby, Thunder, Listens Live! and Angel Tree. The Sr. Sales Assistant will report to the General Sales Manager and will collaborate with Local, Digital and National Sales Managers to help the team achieve and exceed Core Broadcast and Digital forecast and revenue goals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work in partnership directly with assigned Account Executives to help them achieve their annual New Business,
Digital and Local Core forecast goals by providing superior back-end support and assisting on client calls when
- Broadcast and digital order entry, production orders, digital insertion and change orders
- Assist Account Executives with makegoods
- Pull monthly digital metrics and create monthly digital review reports
- Coordinate any Listens Live! appearances your sellers may have and be available to greet clients when they arrive. Upload Listens Live! videos to wave3.com on your assigned day.
- Collaborate regularly with the Media Analytics Director to discuss any stories or research that will benefit our clients
- Help create compelling client presentations and research pieces from information provided by the Media Analytics Director
- Ensure that Wide Orbit Media Sales is consistently being updated to be current with correct programming and estimates by keeping an open line of communication with Media Analytics
- Communicate any roadblocks, improvement suggestions, constructive criticism and positives to Sales Management in a timely manner
- Acknowledge and celebrate team wins
- Actively seek out and learn about market conditions
- Know the competitive landscape relating to broadcast, digital, radio, outdoor, etc.
- Have a positive influence on the WAVE 3 News Sales team
- Be a servant leader, help others achieve
If you qualify please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings or
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.