Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky
JOB POSTING - Communications Assistant
Use your creative talents to help a state-wide child abuse prevention agency move its mission forward. We need your help in designing and editing materials, handling social media responsibilities and other cool aspects of communications and marketing. If you haven’t designed anything since 2nd grade, don’t know what a Tweet is, and don’t like to proofread, this may not be the job for you.
Use your time and talents to help us develop toolkits, materials, publications and a whole host of print and electronic communications tools. Be involved in the marketing and communications facets of agency events and projects. Social media? Yes. We need you to help us gain those important followers and retweets! We serve thousands of people a year, and have compelling stories to tell, but all those stories need someone behind them to pull everything together!
Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky is a 31-year non-profit agency based in Lexington, KY. Our Executive Director has been here for all 31 of those years (but we don’t think she is THAT old!), and the rest of our team doesn’t experience much turnover either. This is a new position for us, and you can be the trailblazer! We are known for the blue-and-silver pinwheels during Child Abuse Prevention Month, and our annual KIDS ARE WORTH IT! Conference. We also train more than 3,500 people a year on how to prevent child abuse and neglect. We are a small, but mighty non-profit, with eight staff and a volunteer Board of Directors at 21 members.
The person who joins our team will be able to:
- Create, edit, post, monitor and analyze content across all social media and web-based sites and produce reports as requested
- Write and distribute press releases
- Officer support to staff in designing and editing materials for a range of audiences and contexts including toolkits, training curricula, Child Abuse Prevention Month materials, conference materials, annual reports, research and meeting reports and all print/electronic publications
- This is just a sampling of the fun projects you’ll be working on!
This is a full-time salaried position with health and dental insurance, a 401(k) plan and generous holiday, vacation and sick leave.
Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky is in Lexington, KY.
Why Should You Apply?
- Opportunity to work independently, but also part of a small team
- Our mission of preventing the abuse and neglect of Kentucky’s children
- Use your design, proofreading, and organizational skills to help us tell our story
Interested applicants should provide a resume, and cover letter to be submitted via one of these methods:
No Phone Calls Please
Via: CareerBuilder.Com: https://tinyurl.com/PCAKCommunications
Via: The KY Nonprofit Network: https://kynonprofits-jobs.careerwebsite.com/job/communications-assistant/47030985/
Via Email: to Jill Seyfred at firstname.lastname@example.org
Via US Mail:
Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky
Attn: Jill Seyfred
801 Corporate Drive – Suite 120
Lexington, KY 40503
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex age or disability.
Funded in part or in whole with state or federal funds through a contract
(#PON2 736 1900001808) with the KY Cabinet for Health and Family Services