Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky
Use your fundraising skills to help a state-wide child abuse prevention agency move its mission forward. We need your help in organizing special events, securing sponsorships, increasing our donor base, conducting grant research and leading our Planned Giving efforts. If you are uncomfortable in approaching people you don’t know, have a hard time managing databases, and do not like to speak in public, this may not be the job for you.
If you understand the importance of securing funds, and in-kind goods and services for a non-profit organization, consider joining our team! Use your time and talents to help us oversee all facets of our fundraising including special events, securing sponsorships, managing donor relations, launching our Planning Giving efforts, conducting grant research and submitting grants and more.
Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky is a 31-year non-profit agency based in Lexington, KY. Our Executive Director has been here for all 31 of those years (but we don’t think she is THAT old!), and the rest of our team doesn’t experience much turnover either. This is a new position for us, and you can be the trailblazer! We are known for the blue-and-silver pinwheels during Child Abuse Prevention Month, and our annual KIDS ARE WORTH IT! Conference. We also train more than 3,500 people a year on how to prevent child abuse and neglect. We are a small, but mighty non-profit, with eight staff and a volunteer Board of Directors at 21 members.
The person who joins our team will be able to:
- Enhance donor outreach and awareness through new and existing strategies
- Oversee all facets of the annual run/walk, golf scramble, and other events to grow annual revenue
- Conduct prospect identification and donor cultivation for sponsorship of agency events
- Work with a team to develop the Planned Giving facet of the agency, and all related materials
- Conduct grant research, tracking, budgeting and submit grants
- This is just a sampling of the fun revenue-producing projects you’ll be working on!
This is a full-time salaried position with health and dental insurance, a 401(k) plan and generous holiday, vacation and sick leave.
Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky is in Lexington, KY.
Why Should You Apply?
- Opportunity to work independently, but also be part of a small team
- Our mission of preventing the abuse and neglect of Kentucky’s children is second-to-none!
- If you like to look at existing strategies and make them better, or create something from scratch and see the fruits of your efforts, then this job may be a great fit for you.
Interested applicants should provide a resume, and cover letter to be submitted via one of these methods:
No Phone Calls Please
Via: CareerBuilder.Com: https://tinyurl.com/PCAKDevtCoord
Via: The KY Nonprofit Network: https://kynonprofits-jobs.careerwebsite.com/job/development-coordinator/47030996/
Via Email: to Janna Estep Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Via US Mail:
Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky
Attn: Janna Estep Jordan
801 Corporate Drive – Suite 120
Lexington, KY 40503
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex age or disability.
Funded in part or in whole with state or federal funds through a contract
(#PON2 736 1900001808) with the KY Cabinet for Health and Family Services