Programs and Trainings Coordinator
Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky
JOB POSTING – PROGRAMS and TRAININGS COORDINATOR
If you have a master’s degree in social work, or related field, and know the child welfare system, then this may be the job for you! Use your experience in the development of programs and training curricula and your knowledge of the dynamics of child abuse and neglect to help us move our mission forward. We need your talents to address the growing need for programs and trainings that will help us prevent child abuse and neglect. This is not an entry-level position, so if you don’t have prior experience in the joys of putting together trainings from scratch, and delivering them to people you have never met, and then conducting the evaluation (we love numbers!), this may not be the job for you.
If you have provided trainings within the realm of child welfare, know your way around evaluation techniques (SPSS), aren’t bored by the paperwork associated with overseeing our CEUs, and can connect the dots when it comes to what a family needs to thrive, then consider joining our team! Use your time and talents to help us enhance our trainings and programs to help us prevent the abuse and neglect of Kentucky’s children.
Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky is a 31-year non-profit agency based in Lexington, KY. Our Executive Director has been here for all 31 of those years (but we don’t think she is THAT old!), and the rest of our team doesn’t experience much turnover either. We are known for the blue-and-silver pinwheels during Child Abuse Prevention Month, and our annual KIDS ARE WORTH IT! Conference. We also train more than 3,500 people a year on how to prevent child abuse and neglect. We are a small, but mighty non-profit, with eight staff and a volunteer Board of Directors at 21 members.
The person who joins our team will be able to:
- Develop, provide, coordinate and oversee state-wide educational child abuse/neglect prevention trainings and develop/secure all appropriate training materials
- Oversee the provision of CEUs for various professions
- Implement plans for program enhancement resulting from the compilation, maintenance, development and analysis of all baseline and subsequent data (this sounds fun!)
- Be part of a team that develops programs, trainings and educational opportunities to unserved/underserved populations
- This is just a sampling of the life-changing work you will be working on!
This is a full-time salaried position with health and dental insurance, a 401(k) plan and generous holiday, vacation and sick leave.
Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky is in Lexington, KY.
Why Should You Apply?
- Opportunity to work independently, but also part of a small team
- Our mission of preventing the abuse and neglect of Kentucky’s children
- Because there is nothing better than knowing you have impacted the life of a child by providing a training that can help identify, recognize or prevent child abuse and neglect
Interested applicants should provide a resume, and cover letter to be submitted via one of these methods:
No Phone Calls Please
Via: CareerBuilder.Com: https://tinyurl.com/PCAKTrainingCoord
Via: The KY Nonprofit Network: https://kynonprofits-jobs.careerwebsite.com/job/programs-and-trainings-coordinator/47031004/
Via Email: to Janna Estep Jordan at email@example.com
Via US Mail:
Prevent Child Abuse Kentucky
Attn: Janna Estep Jordan
801 Corporate Drive – Suite 120
Lexington, KY 40503
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex age or disability.
Funded in part or in whole with state or federal funds through a contract
(#PON2 736 1900001808) with the KY Cabinet for Health and Family Services