Associate Producer, Public Affairs
- During pre-production the Associate Producer’s (AP) duties include: researching content development; organizing pre-production meetings, creating and organizing pre-production notes, preliminary script writing; scheduling location scouts and scouting locations.
- During productions the AP’s duties include: making travel arrangements for producers, crew and talent; helping to direct and organize crewmembers and talent; helping to prepare sets and studios for guests; greeting guests and providing for their needs; preparing prompter scripts and running teleprompter; following and lining scripts; maintaining continuity on sets; and posting behind-the-scenes production pictures and video on social media platforms.
- In Post-Production the AP’s duties include: logging footage; basic video editing; writing transcripts; organizing and archiving media files; posting video segments and other content on KET.org and social media platforms; helping to supervise edit, graphics, and audio session; maintaining appropriate records and paperwork necessary for productions, broadcasts, web use, air rights, copyright information and contacts for talent and services.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field plus two (2) years of professional television production and post-production experience. Practical experience in these fields may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team, in an environment of multiple projects, priorities and deadlines.
- Knowledge and interest in Kentucky politics, history and culture preferred.
- Basic video editing experience is required. Must have strong computer use, broadcast writing, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Must be available on a flexible schedule and for weekend and overnight travel.
- Must be able to carry production equipment (up to 40lbs).
- Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Please send KET application, cover letter and resume to: Employment & Recruiting, KET, 600 Cooper Drive, Lexington, KY 40502 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via fax to 859-258-7766. Equal Opportunity Employer
Position open until filled.