Louisville Public Media
Louisville Public Media, a dynamic nonprofit public media organization, is seeking a
Development Associate to join our development team and help grow major giving in support of
our annual operations. They will provide support to the Director of Development, President, and
volunteer fundraisers for effective fundraising at the major giving level.
At LPM, we inform, inspire and empower through independent news, music, education and
experiences that reflect our diverse community. We are the trusted, independent voice for the
curious, engaged citizens of our community and beyond. LPM operates three public radio
stations: 89.3 WFPL-FM, an NPR news station; 90.5 WUOL-FM, a classical music station; and
91.9 WFPK-FM, a new music station. We run the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting
and the Ohio Valley ReSource, a three-state news collaborative. We are a member of the
Kentucky Public Radio Network. And we own and operate Do502, the city’s social calendar.
More than 90 percent of LPM’s funding comes from the local community. We have more than
14,000 active members and are working to grow our major giving program.
We are seeking an experienced, hardworking and thoughtful development professional who can
help us grow mid and major donor giving — key to the success of our strategic plan. They will
conduct prospect research to identify, cultivate and solicit new sources of funding and ensure
essential information is captured on our internal lists and databases.
They will report to the Director of Development and be responsible for assisting in the growth of
existing donors as well as finding, researching and scheduling meetings for the Director of
Development and President/General Manager with new major donor prospects. This team
member will focus primarily on individual giving but may assist with foundation and grant
research and reporting as needed.
The ideal candidate will have both a passion and proficiency for prospect research and list
management, as well as for connecting qualified donors with our mission. This person must be
able to create reports from the donor database, prioritize prospects, research their interests and
capacities, and recommend individualized strategy for solicitations and follow-up.
The Development Associate will prepare meeting agendas and distribute supporting documents,
attend meetings, record minutes and perform a broad range of administrative duties to support
the Development Department and Board of Directors. They may also have front-line donor
interaction from time to time, especially when it comes to assisting with the planning and
execution of our growing fundraising and stewardship events program, but will spend the
majority of their time working behind the scenes.
- Personal belief in LPM’s mission, vision and core values.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 3+ years’ fundraising experience.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, grammar and proofreading
- Ability to execute a variety of responsibilities with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a high-functioning team.
- Analytical/problem-solving skills, resourcefulness, and creative thinking.
- Well-informed of current research techniques, resources and best practices.
- Skill in analyzing and organizing information to identify philanthropic patterns, tendencies
and relationships among individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Confidence and experience with cold calls/emails/inquiries.
- Must exude professional image and have the ability to handle people and situations with
tact, diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality and a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and donor database
software, especially Blackbaud’s The Raiser’s Edge and research tools like
ResearchPoint and WealthEngine.
This is a full-time, salaried position with the occasional requirement for evening and weekend
Send your letter, resume, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Louisville Public Media is an equal opportunity employer that actively seeks diversity in its
workplace and offers an excellent benefits package.